The Blood Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The war between the Vampires and The Vatican will soon begin, what side are you on?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staffers!
A Whisper of History Staff111

A Whisper of History

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daedalus Dracula
Daedalus Dracula
Vampire
Vampire

A Whisper of History Empty
PostSubject: A Whisper of History   A Whisper of History I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 2:05 am

Daedalus hasn't been to the archives in ages. He needed to go there now to find some books on the war. He had a meeting with Rhian later and wanted to brush up on the dark times. He wondered if Mia still worked in the archives, I liked her, a dedicated historian. He took off towards the elevator, he was on the third floor, and the archive was the entire second.

Walking in the elevator he pushed the button for the second floor, listening the boring elevator music. As the door opened the lovely smell of old books and scrolls filled his nostrils. He always enjoyed reading, the one thing that never changes.

Mia's office was way in the back of the library, a nice well secluded spot for a historian, wishing he had the same. Coming to her office door he saw that the soft light was on, so he assumed that she was in. Standing at the door he softly knocked and waited for her to open it.
Back to top Go down
https://bloodrevolution.rpg-board.net
Mia Soleil
Mia Soleil
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: A Whisper of History   A Whisper of History I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 2:14 am

With glasses on her nose, Mia found herself once again emerged in a book. It was a bit older, older than usual, so she had gloves to protect it from being destroyed. All her concentration was on preserving the history of their coven, from times before Vlad and so forth, always seeking knowledge.

Hearing the knocking, she lifted her gave from the weary paper and wondered who it was. No one ever really visited, well except one. She smiled softly knowing who it was.

"Come in" she called out, as she began to put the loose papers into the box as he came in.
Back to top Go down
Daedalus Dracula
Daedalus Dracula
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: A Whisper of History   A Whisper of History I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 2:25 am

Daedalus opened the door at her call, and walked into her office. He took a quick look around and it didn't look any different, probably even more cluttered with papers and books. He really wondered if she ever left the place, she was so dedicated. Walking in he took a seat on the extremely comfortable couch.

"Always nice to see you Mia."

He knew no one else really visited her down here, and was glad to see a smile on her face. Sometimes she was so buried in her studies she would barely respond to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Mia Soleil
Mia Soleil
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: A Whisper of History   A Whisper of History I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 2:30 am

Mia hummed a greeting as she took off her gloves. She knew that in some way, she should be embarrassed at the fact that her office was packed with books and documents in giant stacks. She knew that she would need to clean...really it was stacked, and her hands usually ended up covered in ink stains from her constant note taking.

Fact was that she wasn't embarrassed because she had known him for a while, enough to not only see them as their leader but also her friend.

"What brings you to this hovel of an office?" she asked grinning.
Back to top Go down
Daedalus Dracula
Daedalus Dracula
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: A Whisper of History   A Whisper of History I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Daedalus let out a curt laugh as she said that, as messy as her office may be, it was still much larger than anyone else's in the entire building. Technically her office was the entire second floor.

"Don't be so modest Mia, you have a larger office than I do, and I'm the bloody leader of this coven," he laughed.

He leaned back in the couch, and putting his legs up on the other end. He made a mental note to go and find a couch like this for his office, this thing was horribly comfortable, even for an undead.

"Two reason's I came tonight, first I wanted to come visit you, and the second I need to gather some books on The Blood War," he said seriously as he mentioned that horrible time. "I have a meeting later with a new vampire, and she is in need of some history lessons."
Back to top Go down
Mia Soleil
Mia Soleil
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: A Whisper of History   A Whisper of History I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:57 am

Mia laughed softly and shrugged. Yes her office was bigger than anyone else's but then again she knew that it was because half of her office were the historical files of their coven. She closed the artifact and muttered a few things before putting things away.

"I'm not being modest at all, just that most files take up most of the room here" she replied.

She was glad he was visiting her; in reality if no one visited her, she'd forget to be a normal vampire and go feed. She often forgot to feed or go outside. Hell that couch he was sitting on tended to be more of a bed than the one at home.

"Well...firstly thank you" she said winking. "Second of all...give me a second on that"

She hummed softly and pushed her chair back, only to grab her ladder and tugged it behind her as she walked towards the more delicate portion of her library collection. Murmuring something softly, she ran her fingers down the spines until she found what she was looking for.

"You're lucky that I for once kept this area in order" she replied as she hopped off the ladder.

Walking towards him she placed the book on her desk and slid it towards him.

"I know I don't have to warn you to take care of the book with your life, but I'll do it anyways" she smirked. "Take care of it."
Back to top Go down
Daedalus Dracula
Daedalus Dracula
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: A Whisper of History   A Whisper of History I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Daedalus watched as she pulled her ladder around to the section where she kept the book. She had such an uncanny love for books, and he was certain that she wouldn't hesitate to injure anyone who threatened them. She hopped off her ladder shortly after and strode toward him with the book he desired. As always, even though it wasn't required, warning him to take care of it. He grinned and nodded at her as he took the book and placed it next to him.

"With my life Mia, as always."

"While I am here, have you gathered any new books since I last visited?"

Being the leader of the coven, he tried his best to keep up on his intellectual knowledge, present and old.
Back to top Go down
Mia Soleil
Mia Soleil
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: A Whisper of History   A Whisper of History I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 1:17 am

Mia's eyes brightened at his question and walked immediately to take out some boxes delicately. Slipping on some gloves, she handed some to him expected him to do the same and opened the box she was studying.

"Well for one thing ,this is the earliest document we've found. It's around the time of Vlad's family, before the accursed date" she murmured. "it's in Romanian but I figured you'd be able to read it"

She turned the very thin document to him, the book laying in a protected mold to keep it open and in place and pointed towards it.

"I figured you would fancy this"

Back to top Go down
Daedalus Dracula
Daedalus Dracula
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: A Whisper of History   A Whisper of History I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 1:35 am

Daedalus rightly took the pair of gloves and slipped them on. Respecting the age of any valuable items that she might pull forth. He jumped up from the couch and came closer to where she was kneeling. He waited for her to open a fair sized box.

As she pulled out a document, that looked extremely old, almost as old as he was he suspected. As she explained the finding his assumptions were proven to be true, and his jaw dropped a little as he looked at it. He thought that all the documents dating back to anything to do with Vlad had been destroyed in the wars since. But Mia was very good at finding things that were thought impossible to find.

"Well this is an incredible find!" He joyfully laughed. "You figured right Mia, you figured right indeed. I thought all of these were lost, anything dating back to my father... lost."

He turned some of the delicate pages carefully as he saw the language printed on it. Romanian, a language he hasn't spoken, or even read in centuries. He honestly wondered how much he remembered. Yet as he could make out some of the faded text, he became clear to him once more, and he could indeed read it.

"It's been awhile since I've even seen Romanian, but I'm sure It'll come back to me soon enough," he commented. "Why Mia you have certainly outdone yourself here."
Back to top Go down
Mia Soleil
Mia Soleil
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: A Whisper of History   A Whisper of History I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 1:41 am

Mia smiled brightly, and if she could blush she would. She took a joy in finding rare items throughout the world. If she wasn't cooped up in her office, she would be traveling to rural areas trying to find just what she was looking for, something to catch her interest and be necessary for the coven.

"Yes, it was a hard find, humans couldn't really read it completely considering they found it to be more of a fairy tale than anything. I found it in an antique shop, was meaningless to them, quite disappointing really" she explained. "But thank you, I knew you'd like that"

Back to top Go down
Daedalus Dracula
Daedalus Dracula
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: A Whisper of History   A Whisper of History I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 1:52 am

Daedalus was still turning pages as she spoke. Humans really were dull stupid creatures, they always rely on technology to uncover deep history. They never use actual knowledge. It also helps to be nearly eight centuries old, but that's another story.

"Humans are sad creatures, sometimes I wonder why we even want to have an alliance with them.... but... it ensures our race can continue. They thought we were fairy tales for the longest time too," he joked.

He looked into the box and noticed a few other documents within. Some also looking as old as the one he now held.

"What other finds to we have here?"
Back to top Go down
Mia Soleil
Mia Soleil
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: A Whisper of History   A Whisper of History I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 2:00 am

Mia laughed softly and nodded. Yes humans were a bit dull weren't they, too blind to see that these documents were worth millions in the vampire culture. Especially as it spoke about how the curse was placed unto the coven.

"It's sad really, they had no idea what they held, something that could depict the origin of our creation" she sighed.

At his next question, she jumped and ran over to find a few things.

"Well recently I've managed to collect a few pieces of jewelry of the Duke, things that usually should correspond to you had they not been lost in the war. As well as three documented sightings of Vlad and how he defined the term vampire. "
Back to top Go down
Daedalus Dracula
Daedalus Dracula
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: A Whisper of History   A Whisper of History I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:21 am

Daedalus smiled at the fact that the humans were so dimwitted to know that they held what could be a documented recording of the creation of vampires. Something he wanted to keep secret from the mortal race. He remembered the dark history that surrounded father, Vlad, and the vampire race. Some was known, but some was even darker than a few be-headings and blood feasts. Upon creation vampires were a savage being, killing for the taste of fresh living blood. Something that ultimately need be overcome to secure the safety and immortality of his race.

He was shocked at her next remark, they had found more from the time of Vlad. Truthfully nothing of great value, but it was something non-the-less.

"Vlad was a troubled one, his love for blood driving him mad," he lamented, "he was an idiot as well, he displayed his infatuation without thinking of the consequences it would hold for us."

He started reading the text on one of the pages of the book. It was difficult as it was faded. Eventually his eyes grew wide... could this be?

"Mia.. do you realize what you have found?" he said as he looked at her. "This... this is the personal journal of Vlad."
Back to top Go down
Mia Soleil
Mia Soleil
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: A Whisper of History   A Whisper of History I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Mia smiled coyly and shrugged. She had a few vices, and apart from having blood lust once in a while, another vice was collecting. She was a collector by nature, and the fact that she was showing this, it meant that she cared enough for the coven not to keep it for her own collections.

"Yes, and while it does interest me, I have to say that I figured it'd be in better hands with you. You're appreciate it a lot more." she murmured.

Putting other things away, she let him keep it knowing that at least it'd be better taken care of. As she cleaned up after herself her curiosity got the better of her and she tilted her head.

"So, tell me, why are you teaching this vampire?"
Back to top Go down
Daedalus Dracula
Daedalus Dracula
Vampire
Vampire

PostSubject: Re: A Whisper of History   A Whisper of History I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:34 pm

Daedalus appreciated the fact that she understood him, and his appreciation for things of history. He would take great care of these items, no doubt. Although her mention of better care was far from true, she took the utmost care on items even only ten years old.

"I don't doubt your ability for the care of these items Mia, you are correct to assume that I would prefer to have them yes, but I would rightfully trust with them as well," Daedalus mentioned.

Her question took him slightly by surprise. She really didn't care much of the affairs of others, she loved her books too much. But then again she was speaking to Daedalus Dracula.

"For one, she is a freshly turned vampire, and fairly new to our way of life. Also I never had a daughter, so I thought this might be a good experience for me. She also doesn't seem so much a dimwitted one as these other humans," he replied.

"Why so curious all of a sudden?"
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Whisper of History   A Whisper of History I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Whisper of History

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Blood Revolution :: The Archives-